Current information on studying and teaching at Sigmund Freud University
Measures in studies, teaching and administration based on the requirements of the Austrian Federal Government to combat the pandemic
Sigmund Freud Private University: No face-to-face teaching during Easter break
The ongoing pandemic is unfortunately a breeding ground for misunderstandings and rumours. In view of this, the Sigmund Freud Private University feels obliged to point out that during the hard lockdown at the Vienna location, no face-to-face teaching will take place either in the Human Medicine degree programme or in other subjects. Online teaching will of course continue in the usual way until the situation and the legal framework allow a return to hybrid or face-to-face formats.
Dear Students, Dear Lecturers,
due to the current developments of the Covid-19 pandemic, study and teaching activities at SFU will be regulated as follows:
- Teaching in all faculties will take place in the form of distance learning in the summer semester 2021. Courses will continue to be held online and made available either via livestream or as a recording.
- Practical classes are an important part of the education at all faculties of the SFU. This takes place in compliance with appropriate safety measures. The measures for the courses affected by this are communicated directly by the respective faculties.
- Detailed information on the degree programmes and the individual course formats is provided directly by the faculties on an ongoing basis. You can always obtain the latest information from the Study Service Centre of your faculty. The colleagues of the SSC are available for personal questions in the usual way.
These measures are valid at least until the end of the summer semester 2021. We will keep you informed about current developments and requirements for universities on the part of the Austrian Federal Government.
Univ. Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Alfred Pritz
Updated 2nd March, 2021
Infoline Coronavirus: 0800 555 621 (7 days a week, 24 hours) or
Austrian Health Advice Line: 1450
Updates on latest developments and general information are available on the following websites:
- Information by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection (in German)
- Information by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (in German)
- Information by the Vienna Medical Directorate
Ongoing updates are also available on the ORF info page (in German)
16th September, 2020
Continuation of teaching in Corona times
Over the last semester, SFU has intensively tested different online teaching formats. We are now making every effort to guide our students through the winter semester 2020/21 in the best possible way.
Lectures take place as scheduled; teaching is largely carried out either as hybrid or online. With hybrid teaching, lectures and seminars are presented in the lecture halls and simultaneously streamed. Students can choose whether they participate in person at the university or follow the lectures remotely from another location via computer or cell phone.
In addition, learning materials are made available online. The programme heads, professors and lecturers are available to students for personal exchange and provide support wherever needed.
We consider it our responsibility to offer our students an academic environment based on a community of teachers and students where encounters and scientific exchange, contacts and friendships can be cultivated, even during a crisis as the current one.
27th August, 2020
Letter from the Rector at the beginning of the academic year 2020/21
25th July, 2020
Letter from the Rectorate to students, lecturers and employees of the SFU
9th April, 2020
Information of the Rectorate on gradual reinstatement of regular university operations from May 2020 onwards
Download: Information Step-by-Step Plan SFU (pdf)
1st April, 2020
Information of the Rectorate