ACUNS Vienna FEMICIDE team invites you to the following event at SFU:
26th November 2018, 6:00 – 8:00 pm, SFU Vienna, Festsaal
PANEL DISCUSSION: CYBER CRIME AGAINST WOMEN AND GIRLS
The purpose of this event is to assess the damage and long-term effects that Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) facilitated violence against women inflict upon its victims from a criminal law perspective. A focus will be laid on offences such as online harassment by strangers and ex-boyfriends, cyber bullying, revenge porn, cyber crime (fraud), online sexual exploitation of women and girls, pornography and the use of the dark net for human trafficking and the arrangement of child marriages.
- Moderator: Dr Martina Gredler, Soroptimist International
- Welcoming Remarks: Univ-Prof DDr h.c.mult. Alfred Pritz, Rector of Sigmund FreudUniversity (SFU) and
- Univ-Prof Dr Bernd-Christian Funk, Dean of the Law Faculty of SFU
- Gail Dines, Professor Emerita of Sociology and Women’s Studies at Wheelock College in Boston, President of Culture Reframed
- Kamola Ibragimova, Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Officer, Counter-CybercrimeEducation
- Dr Marie-Helen Maras, Tenured Associate Professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- Jackie Jones, Professor of Feminist Legal Studies at Bristol Law School
- Hanna Gaffney, PhD candidate, Institute of Criminology, University of Cambridge
- Katharine Sarikakis, Media Governance and Industries Research Lab, University of Vienna
- Concluding Remarks: Dr Karin Bruckmuller, Lecturer at the LMU Munich, JKU Linz and SFU and Dr Michael Platzer, ACUNS Vienna
We kindly ask for your registration, please send an email before the 22nd of November 2018 to email@example.com.
This panel discussion is part of a series of events focusing on diverse forms of violence against women and girls and is organized by the ACUNS Vienna FEMICIDE team.
For further information on our work visit https://acuns.org/category/projects-programs/liasion-office-activities/vienna/.
submitted by the
ACUNS Vienna FEMICIDE team